Have you tried streamed brownies? Or have you heard of it? If your answer is no, try this recipe. When I made it, it was a big hit here :-). This brownies is very rich and vary chocolate. Remember, when you decide to give it a shout, do not bother about your weight... hehehe. Just enjoy every bite of the brownies
8 egg yolks
4 white eggs
225 grams granulated sugar
50 grams all purpose flour
50 grams cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
120 butter (margarine)
50 gram Dark Cooking Chocolate, chopped.
80 grams chocolate rice for layer (use grated Dark Cooking Chocolate instead)
1. Arrange a large steamer over boiling water. Make sure it is large enough to hold the baking pan and there is enough water to make a lot of steam
2. In a pan, heat some water. Put butter in a sauce pan (larger than the pan), then place it over the boiling water. When the butter start melting, add chopped cooking chocolate. Mix them until fully melted. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat together with an electric mixer : eggs, and sugar on high speed until light and fluffy.
4. Sift together into the batter: flour, cocoa powder and baking soda. Mix well.
5. Add the butter-chocolate mixture. Mix well
6. Pour half of the batter to a greased pan, Place the pan into the steamer. Cover the top of the steamer with a kitchen towel, and place the lid on top; the towel will absorb any steam that collects on top from dripping onto the cake. Steam for about 10 minute on medium flame. Then add chocolate rice (grated cooking chocolate) over the cake equally. Steam for 5 minutes.
7. Pour the remaining batter and then steam the whole cake for around 20 minutes.