For myself, I like it plain. Without chocolate topping, sprinkles, or some powdered sugar. But when you have time, and like to see them in pretty look... just dress them with anything you desire. Crushed roasted peanuts work the best for me. My daughter loves the chocolate, and my husband will eat anything I give him on his plate... ;-p
500 grams bread flour (I used all purpose flour instead)
100 grams granulated sugar
11 grams instant yeast
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 egg yolks
100 grams butter
250 ml fresh milk
1. Mix together in large bowl: wheat flour, granulated sugar, yeast instant, Baking Powder and salt. Stir them until well-combined
2. Add the egg yolk, and followed by butter. Knead until well-blended.
3. Pour in the cold milk in batches. Mix to form a soft dough. Knead the dough for about 1/2 an hour (if you use hands), until the dough become smooth, light and elastic.
4. Form the dough into a ball, place it in a large bowl and cover it with wet and clean cloth. Set aside for 1 hour.
5. Divide the dough into equal size small balls. Make wholes on the balls using your finger. You can use Donuts shaped cutter if it's available.
6. Deep dry it in hot oil with low-medium flame until it's golden brown and rise.
- If you use Active Dry Yeast, dissolve it first in 50 ml warm water before you mix it with the flour. Don't forget to reduce the milk until 200 ml
- Use a wooden chopstick to spin the donuts while you fry it. It will helps you to keep the shape of the whole.
- Let them cool before decorate them with chocolate and sugar