Since I live in India, preparing breakfast become a new routine. When I was in Indonesia, we (and I think most of Indonesians) didn't cook breakfast. We bought it. There's some reasons for that. One of them is because school (and also office) hour begin so early there. Most schools in Indonesia will start at 07.00 AM... It makes most of Moms don't have enough time to prepare during hectic hours in the morning. And another reason is because there are so many people sell food for breakfast... with so many options.
But things are going different here in India.... And now I'm getting used to make breakfast with the local taste... Idli, Dosa, Poori and Appam are the most common food for breakfast. But one day, we tried this recipe for breakfast... ;-p Like what western people eat for breakfast.. hehehe. But we are asian though..... Even the muffins taste so great, we still prefer dosa or idli. So I think next time I will make it for some other purpose.. maybe for tea time snacks...
I got this tasty muffin recipe from one of my favorite baking blog: Vania's Recipes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine melted
1/2 cup fresh orange juice
2 eggsgrated rind of 1 orange
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, and blend well.
- Melt butter. Take off heat and stir in orange juice, eggs and orange rind. Beat.
- Stir liquid into dry mixture and blend just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin cups and soak 1 sugar cube in orange juice and place on top of batter.
- Bake 375 F for 15-20 minutes or until done.
A handful of coconut or raisins added to this batter would also be delicious.
Recipe Source: 'Muffin Mania' by Cathy Prange & Joan Pauli.