1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces
1 teaspoon lime juice
2 teaspoons cooking oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
5 eggs white, beaten
ground to form a paste:
3 cloves garlic
3 candlenuts, dry roast on a pan
1 teaspoon coriander, dry roast on a pan
1 cm ginger
3 teaspoons chilli powder
1 teaspoon ground pepper
200 grams all purpose flour
20 grams cornstarch
20 grams rice flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon powdered coriander
1/8 teaspoon powdered nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
1 teaspoon chilli powder
1. Marinate chicken pieces in lime juice for about 30 minutes.
2. In a pan, heat 1 - 2 tbsp cooking oil, saute ground seasonings paste until fragrance and well cooked. Add in salt and sugar, stir well.
3. Add in chicken pieces, stir well. Cover the pan and cook chicken on low heat until done and the spice are fully absorbed. Remove from the heat and let it cool.
4. In another bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, rice flour, baking soda, coriander, nutmeg, salt, chilli powder and pepper.
5. Dip each piece of chicken into eggs white; then roll chicken in flour mixture until covered. Repeat this process once more. Store in an air-tight container. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and fry until golden brown turning both sides as needed.
In Indonesia (an also in India) normally people will enjoy this fried chicken as a side dish for rice. Fast food resstaurants in Indonesia will serve it with Steamed white rice while here in Cochin, they will serve with ghee rice. Of course there will be always another offers like French Fries and bun if you're not wish to eat it with rice.